1. Place your short ribs in the roasting pan. Lay them down flat.
2. In the large bowl, add the soy sauce, sugars, onions, sesame seeds, black pepper, the oils and mix until the sugars have dissolved.
3. Next, add the water and stir again. Now you have your marinade.
4. Carefully pour the marinade over the short ribs.
5. Tightly cover the pan with plastic wrap and ask Dad or your adult helper to put them into the refrigerator. Marinate the ribs for at least one hour but they are best when marinated overnight.
6. Have Grandpa or your adult helper start the grill. Give them plenty of room to work because you don’t want to get burned.
7. When the grill is hot, take the pan with the ribs out of the refrigerator. Using tongs, take the meat out of the marinade.
8. Let Grandpa do the grilling. If you have permission, you can help but don’t try to work the grill without supervision.
9. When the ribs are cooked, arrange them on serving plate and tell everyone to dig in.